Principles of Oral Health Management for the HIV/AIDS Patient -- A Course of Training for the Oral Health Professional
Published Date: 06/2000
Source: Dental Alliance for AIDS/HIV Care (DAAC)
Editors: Stephen N. Abel, DDS, MS; David Croser, BDS, DGDP (UK); Stuart Fischman, DMD; Michael Glick, DMD and Joan A. Phelan, DDS
Principles of Oral Health Management for the HIV/AIDS Patient -- A Course of Training for the Oral Health Professional PDF [1.16MB]
98 page manual developed to assist dental caregivers to provide appropriate oral health care for people living with HIV infection and AIDS. Includes 5 Modules with speakers' notes. Also available in Spanish
- Module 1: Occupational Exposures to Bloodborne Pathogens: Risk, Prevention, and Management [PPT 237K]
Authors: Jennifer L. Cleveland, DDS, MPH; Barbara F. Gooch, DMD, MPH; Denise Cardo, MD; Helene Bednarsh, RDH, MPH and Kathy J. Eklund, RDH, MHP
- Module 2: Basic Principles of Management [PPT 194K]
Authors: Stephen N. Abel, DDS, MS and Francisco Ramos-Gomez, DDS, MS, MPH
- Module 3: Oral Manifestations of HIV Infection: Clinical Characteristics, Diagnosis, and Treatment Recommendations [PPT 1.4MB]
Author: Joan A. Phelan, DDS
- Module 4: The Health History and Review of HIV-Related Medically Relevant Information [PPT 133K]
Author: Michael Glick, DMD
- Module 5: Dental Care for People with HIV Infection: Legal Issues [PPT 208K]
Author: Mark Rubin, LLD
Browse similar resources:
|Materials Usage Guidelines|close
We ask that those wishing to use the materials found on the AETC NRC website honor the following guidelines:
- Slide sets and other materials that appear on the AETC NRC website are intended for public use, unless otherwise noted.
- You may use or present a slide set or other material in its entirety if you credit the author and source of the material.
- Similarly, you may incorporate selected slides or resources from the AETC NRC website into another public presentation if you credit the author and/or source of the materials.
- If you use materials from the AETC NRC website in preparing other presentations or materials, please Include an appropriate reference citation.
- Do not publish or post materials found on the AETC NRC site without permission from their creators or copyright holders.
- For examples of appropriate citation, see our Using and Adapting Slides frequently asked questions.
Copyright 2013, the AIDS Education & Training Centers National Resource Center, unless otherwise noted. All rights reserved. Email email@example.com with questions, comments, or problems. See disclaimer for usage guidelines.